Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy MA Week!

Random note - I don't like to post more than once on the same day. It's a weird quirk, can't explain it, but I just don't usually write more than 1 post at a time. Yet, here's entry #2 for today.

Last week at work we had medical assistant (MA) week. I don't know if it was just our clinic, IHC, or what, but it was fun. Pretty normal week for the most part. Clinic days with doctors, PCI days for paperwork and phone calls, and a 7:00 AM meeting to complete the week. :0)

Okay, actually Friday was the most fun. We totally got spoiled! One of the MAs made shirts for all of us, we had snacks - crackers, cheese, tomato, avacado, peppers, pita, humus, and chocolate chip zuchini bread. So good. We got lunch brought in, which was kind of amazing. It was sandwiches and pie from Marie Callendar's, not our usual pizza or cafeteria catering. Anything would have been great, but it was just a special treat to get "outside food".

My awesome doctor brought me cookies and a Macy's gift card. It was more than I expected, but very much appreciated. My job is trying at times. I know that the work I do is appreicated, but it was nice to have an official/unofficial week of recognition for what I do. The other MAs I work with are amazing! They are all so good at what they do. Happy MA week everyone.

1 comment:

  1. MA week was so fun! Dr Walsh just spoiled the heck out of me! He just didn't need to do so much! Haha! No really, Friday was fun. Someone should have brought a camera and actually used it! =)

    ReplyDelete