Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Brief Update

Last weekend my very good friend Rebecca and her fiance Sam came down to visit. It was great to see them! We ended up going to dinner at the Bombay House (Indian food) and then back to our house where we played a few games and had some ice cream. It was a lot of fun.

We found out recently that Sadie managed to get Lyme's disease. We're just not sure how she managed to pick that one up. She only travels to Logan occasionally and that's not very often. It was discovered when she went in for a routine check-up. They were actually testing for heart worms, which came back negative. She's been taking an antibiotic and I think she'll be fine.

My brother should be coming back from Afghanistan pretty soon. I'm not exactly sure when, but I'm looking forward to seeing him. I believe that it has been a good experience for him and based on e-mails, I think he's grown up a bit. That in and of itself is just cool.

Other than that, just glad to be into March and headed towards spring/summer. I can't tell you how nice it's been to not leave work in pitch darkness. Occasionally it's still dark when we get home, but it's an improvement to see some light outside. All in all, we are doing well and just lovin' being just a couple of Porters.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how excited I am for Daylight Savings to begin! Hope Sadie is okay! Poor thing!

    ReplyDelete