Saturday, October 23, 2010

No Pain, No Gain!

Back in the day, i.e. high school and college, Dave was quite the exercise nut. Frankly, I don't know how he did it or why. Yes, exercising is very important and I know everyone should do it, but 3 hours a day?! Who does that? Well, as apparently tends to be the trend, once Dave got married... let's just say that the exercise frequency decreased and the waist size increased just a smidge.

Unfortunately, Dave (and I) just haven't been nearly as with it on the work out ship. However, about a week and a half ago, Dave went on serious hike/camping trip. I'm not sure this was the world's best idea. I love that he went, but he really hadn't been working up to it per say.
He and one of his good friends went up American Fork Canyon, on a Tuesday night - another who does that? They did a 4 mile backpacking trip up the mountain! It took the guys 6 hours, but they did it. I'm so proud of Dave. The maniac did this little funfest with a 30+ lb pack! Pure craziness! Needless to say, the menfolk were pretty tired by the time they reached there destination.
They had a grand time, despite the ridiculously cold drop in temp that night. The other issue was that apparently it was so cold that their water didn't stay hot. I think they had a hard enough time even getting it warm at all. In turn their food wasn't cooking quite like it should have. The guys only took 3 hours to get back down. They got home around 1:00 the next day.
I was glad Dave made it back in 1 piece, but I was even more happy to be the one at home, with the kids, in our nice, warm bed. Good job Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment