Monday, October 18, 2010

Business Ventures!

Last Friday Dave and I got some good news. No, it's not what some of you may be thinking. :0) Dave and I put in an offer for a business and it was accepted! We got a really good deal. It's basically ours, but now we have to get approved for a SBA for the deal to be "official." The business is Doc's Pizza Buffet in Orem. It's located on University Parkway, not too far from BYU. It's 1 of 2 pizza buffets in Utah county.
From the time I met Dave, I've heard him say how he's wanted to have his own business. We've been fortunate enough to be able to finally move forward in pursuing a business opportunity. There is definite room for improvement with the current set-up. We have some really good ideas. Since we're not 100% owners, I can't say too much.

We are thinking about changing the name of the business. I think we are planning on going for a more "rustic Italian" feel. If anyone has any ideas for the name, we'd love to hear them. We should know about our loan in a few weeks, hopefully. We'll keep you posted and tell you more as soon as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment