Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year Halloween landed on a Sunday, which means several days of observation. Once again, I was Raggedy Ann at work. I had thought about finding a different costume, although nothing came to mind. A co-worker reminded me of something I apparently stashed at the back of my cranium. I ordered my Raggedy Ann outfit in 2008. The thing is that it arrived on Halloween day, a Friday, while I was at work. So, I threw it on briefly that evening, but I was a princess at work. I think it is safe to say that I really do need to figure something else out next year, as apparently this was technically year 3 of Raggedy Ann.

Moving right along, this year Dave and I participated in our first trunk or treat...ever! It was an interesting experience. The most interesting thing I think, is that Dave actually got into it! He's a good sport about his wife dressing up and such, but he's never done much for Halloween. This year it was encouraged to decorate your trunk and Dave sure took that to heart. It turned out well, although apparently there are some seriously die-hard Halloween decorating peeps in the neighborhood. Dave said that next year he will have to "step up" his game.

The one thing that Dave really enjoys doing is carving pumpkins. That's the thing that I think he likes more than I do. We bought 3 pumpkins this year, and I think they turned out well. We had a lot of fun carving them. This is how they turned out...As usual, we did buy candy just in case we had trick-or-treaters, although frankly I don't think we expected many. In the past we have always bought candy, but we've only had a few people come by, ever. So it was kind of a surprise this year. We ended up with maybe 50 kids or so that stopped by, a record. I was a little nervous about Sadie too. I don't recall how we did it last year, but she did quite well, all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment