Monday, December 21, 2009

Porters & Pens

Last week was very trying. It was NOT a good week for Porters and pens. Last Tuesday, after 3 1/2 years, I sent one of Dave's gel pens through the laundry. Congrats to me! I try so hard to check pockets, etc, but I missed this one. So, all of Dave's work pants, a few dress shirts, some of my work clothes, and then a few other things...all came out blue. You would think that was the highlight of our week, but it gets better.

Wednesday, Dave was talking to one of the credit union VP's, telling him about what happened Tuesday. The VP started laughing, and Dave assumed he was laughing about the story. When the VP got up, Dave looked down to find that the pen he had in his pocket had leaked - leaving a lovely pen spot on yet another shirt.

On Thursday Dave was looking for some pants to wear. Lucky for him I had bought some dress pants about a month ago. Unfortunately the store clerk didn't remove the security clip when I bought the pants. (I didn't pay attention.) So Dave thought he could just take it off himself. If you didn't know, there is a glass cartridge filled with ink that breaks when if you try to remove the security tag yourself.

That was our week in a nutshell. We did actually manage to make it through Friday without any pen incidents. Hooray! I also got my present from my doctor, a gift card to JCPenney...to buy new clothes. We certainly appreciated it and definitely needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment