Friday, December 25, 2009

Porter Christmas '09

Well, this was Dave and my 5th Christmas together. We had a great day. We know that Christmas isn't just about the gifts, but admittedly we were pretty excited to actually have a few more presents under our tree this year. I got a new skillet and a blender, both of which are way cool. I also got a tripod for my camera, which I have already put to use. Dave got a table saw, which he plans on using to build a kayak and a gazebo in the spring. Dave's other wicked sweet gift was a picture of Fenway Park in Boston where the Red Sox play.

For the first time we just spent the day by ourselves. We have always gone up to Cache Valley and visited both of our parents. We love to see them, but it was nice to just relax at home and not feel so rushed. In the afternoon we went to my aunt's house in West Valley where we played our traditional family Bingo. Dave and I made out like bandits this year.

In remembering the true meaning of Christmas, we our very grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ - for his example and life. I enjoy this time of year and seeing everyone give a little more and show more patience and love. It is our hope that we, and everyone, will strive to carry the spirit of Christmas with us throughout the year...as the saying goes. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of our friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment