Monday, December 28, 2009

Funny Story, Not So Funny Story

Funny story - I had planned on making homemade pizza for dinner last night. I.E. I intended to make my own dough for the crust in our bread machine. Good plan, I thought. The first time I tried the recipe it turned out alright. The second time Dave really enjoyed it. The third time...ended in an explosion. The "dough" mix was all over the interior of the bread machine. So what went wrong? Apparently 2 3/4 cups of flour is NOT the same as 2 3/4 tablespoons of flour. I wasn't convinced when I started that there was enough flour, but for whatever reason I let it slide and basically did a flourless dough/mush puddle.

Not quite so funny story - You may recall a few entries back I wrote about Porters and pens. Apparently I wasn't as finished with that entry as I thought/would have liked. Saturday morning we went to the mall and bought Dave new work clothes. (They are way nice and he looks really good in them. Plus we got a killer deal on all the stuff we bought.) When we got home I planned on doing laundry. It was a few of Dave's "old" work clothes, none of the new stuff, and a lot of my clothes. I checked all the pockets, threw the clothes in the washer, and then the dryer. Easy enough right? Of course not. I went to check on the clothes after they had been partially dried, only to find that the stem of the blue gel pen was still in the dryer! That's right, round two of blue spots. Needless to say, I was somewhat displeased about this and frankly a little baffled that it would happen again. I believe Dave may have to take over doing the laundry or if anyone knows where I can sign up for laundry 101, please let me know. :0)

2 comments: