Monday, September 28, 2009

Bugs 2

Today I ate lunch with a couple of co-workers outside. We figured it would be good to get out of the office for a little bit and take in some vitamin D. That was a good plan until I looked down at my homemade pizza only to find some small flying (or not flying) insect roaming in my food. I nearly ate the stupid thing, but ended up seeing it in time. The good news is that I had already eaten most of my lunch.

When we got home tonight Dave offered to grill burgers. It's apparently been longer than I thought since we last grilled. Dave pulled off the cover and found there were spiders crawling inside. I'm not sure how this happened, but Dave ended up getting bitten by a spider. Poor guy. We're headed into colder weather, so not too much longer of mega-bug season. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Kim...we must be related...I HATE bugs!! We were at a restaurant one evening and I had eaten most of my salad before we found the dead bug in it. I couldn't eat the rest of the meal. We were given a gift certificate to return for a free meal...still haven't been able to bring myself to use it!

    When WE opened our grill the other day...we found a mouse...EEEWWWWW...only thing worse than bugs are MICE! Our cats don't go outside, so the mice stay out there! Wish they weren't so close!

    Been enjoying your posts! Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! Again I am sorry that bug ruined your lunch! But I am way glad that you didn't let it ruin our cool-kids lunch! You did have the "bug face" yesterday BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a sign, Kim.

    ReplyDelete