Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs

I am not a huge fan of bugs. I generally prefer to "take pity" on them - scoop them up, and throw them back outside. Most often we have occasional ants in our house. Again, not a big fan.

A few weeks ago I was sitting on our couch when I felt something crawling up my leg. It was a stupid little ant. I realize that for most people this may not be a big issue, but I was just not a happy camper. In fact, as Dave will more than willingly attest to me having a "bug face". It's sort of a scrunched up "ick" face.

At any rate, earlier this week I found a centipede crawling around our floor. Sadie wanted to eat it, but I scooped it up and tossed it out in the bushes. Today I got to work and I thought I was removing some dust off my desk, when to my surprise the "dust" (i.e. some small insect) starting flying...and I squished it...with my bare hands. I'm sure I made my bug face, but I was a bit proud of myself. So, while everything has a purpose and a place, I am just not a bug fun. And that concludes my blurb about bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment