Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Work Fun

To our surprise, both of our employers actually had a summer BBQ this year. A few weeks ago Dave's branch combined with the downtown (North Temple) branch and they had a party at Liberty Park. Dave's boss grilled burgers and then everyone else brought something, semi-potluck style. It was fun to chat with Dave's co-workers. I frequent Dave's branch, so I had something of a head's up on who was who. After dinner we were going to play water balloon volleyball, but that turned into a water fight consisting of Dave's branch manager vs EVERYONE else. It was great!

Last weekend my work had a BBQ at Sugar House Park. It was also fun. Our BBQ was catered, but we had burgers and chips and fruit. Dave frequents my office as well and has an "in" with my co-workers too. We had a water balloon fight and a bunch of people played volleyball. There was a stream right by us and I went wading. The water temperature was nice. Another good party.

It was nice to see all of our co-workers, and friends, outside the office. Although, it's also interesting to see people outside of their "norm" and as people rather than co-workers. (Hope that makes sense.) We're glad we work with good people.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm one of those! But not for long :( And I'm totally bummed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically, but I know you're not leaving the fine establishment that is DFCU.

    ReplyDelete