Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lucky Ducky

This weekend my dentist's office had their annual pool party. (It was my first.) It was rainy and stormy yesterday morning. I wasn't sure if they'd still have the party. It cleared up some, but it was still a little chilly. I didn't think that many people would go, but I decided to just go check it out. To my surprise it was quite packed. There were probably a few 100 people there.

They did a raffle, in which you were entered if you showed up and were present to win. They gave away an iPod,massages, box of toothpaste, a mountain bike, LCD TV, and an electric motocross bike. Dave decided he didn't want to go with me, but when I left he told me to bring back the TV. So, that's what I did.

I got home and told Dave I'd won a toothbrush, but amazingly I came home with a 32" LCD TV with a built-in DVD player. Frankly I was shocked I won. With so many people who showed up, I didn't think I stood a chance. The last time I won something "big" was when I entered my dad's name in a drawing at RC Willey and he won a stereo system - still have it. While I don't win something all the time, I do feel lucky to have won something this weekend.

1 comment: