Saturday, August 8, 2009

Boys Night Out, Girls Night In!

After a few weeks of planning, Dave was finally able to do a "guys only" camping trip. After a few changes to the original plan, the guys were off. Unfortunately, one of them ended up not being able to make it, but the 2 that went had a blast! The boys ended up at Silver Lake up American Fork Canyon. They took our Jeep and did some SERIOUS off-roading. Dave said it was awesome.

Apparently they basically drove up the side of the mountain, through a river/stream a few times, and basically anywhere else they wanted to. There were other people off-roading up the canyon, but I guess LJ did pretty well. The other off-roaderrs were pretty impressed. Dave said some of the other guys up there had trucks that couldn't do what the Jeep did. We've been thinking about getting rid of the LJ, but I guess now I know why we still have him.

While the men-folk went out in the wild, the girls had an at-home movie night. We watched "It Could Happen to You," which is a pretty cute movie. The "bad guy" of the movie, who isn't actually a bad guy per say, just made me angry. I was really annoyed with her, but nevertheless I still really liked it. The kids were good while Dave was gone, but they were excited to see him when he got home today. I LOVE spending time with Dave, but I'm glad we can occasionally do our own thing. Each of our friends are very important to us and we love and appreciate all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment