Thursday, April 14, 2011

Poppy Seed to Grape to Peach

...or medium shrimp. It's amazing what 13 weeks can do. Or maybe it's just impressive how much growth can occur. After almost 2 years of trying, Dave and I are expecting our 1st baby! We're so excited. This will be the 1st grandchild on my side, and #24 for Dave's parents. :0)

Admittedly it has been a tough go so far. While I'm not out of the woods yet, I'm hoping that things will get better soon. I've been a little nauseous, but more than anything I've hurt. Being pregnant has been painful. Trust me, I know that sounds bizarre, but that's the best way I can describe it. I keep hearing that it will get better around week 14-16 or so, and here's hoping.

Quick story - When I was 6 weeks along or so, Dave asked me when you can hear the heartbeat. I told him that technically it could be heard at that point, which was true. However, you have to have the special equipment and whatever to hear it. Nevertheless, Dave went downstairs, grabbed my stethoscope, and brought it back up and stuck it to my tummy. Poor guy didn't know it couldn't be heard with my little stethoscope at that time. And that's my favorite story thus far.

I'll get a couple pictures up soon.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, again! I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! I'm gonna be an Auntie again! Can't wait for the little one to joint our family! :)

    ReplyDelete