Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Anticipated Expectations (Just another day at work)

Today I took my 2nd day off in several months. I still work 4 days a week as a medical assistant, but I've been going in on my days off to make up some time. I told my boss yesterday that I wasn't going to be in and he being the good "dad" (for lack of a better title) that he is, asked if I was going in to work at Doc's. I told him no, which I had meant. Needless to say, that just didn't happen.

I went with Dave this morning to drop off my car for some work, then I planned to drop Dave off at the business and pick him up later in the afternoon. I ended up deciding however, that I should stay and help with the anticipated lunch rush... that didn't ever come. We have some really good employees; so I didn't have to do a ton, but I did try to help out.

The highlight of my morning, next to cleaning nasty dishes, was mopping up spilled pizza sauce in the walk-in fridge. Yep, I can now check that off my bucket list. :0) Oh the joys of being a business owner. We ended up being there 5 hours before we left, and again, anticipated that we were done fore the day.

Although I hadn't planned to, I ended up taking a nap for a couple of hours, which turned out to be a good thing. We got a call at 8:15 or so that a group of 50 was going to be coming in just before we normally close. We had 2 employees there, who I think could have handled things, but we went in to help anyway.

So another 2 hours to the time card, but we made it through. Actually, I think things went really well. We really appreciate our employees. This was the first evening we've gone in for some time. I definitely did some work today, but it was worth it. Now it's off to bed to do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment