Thursday, August 19, 2010

Making the Grade

It's that time of year again - the beginning of a new school year. I have gone back and forth about going back to school for ongoing education, and up to this point I have kept putting it off for one reason or another. On a sporadic whim about a week ago, I ended up applying to Salt Lake Community College (SLCC). A couple of days later I received my acceptance letter.
Oddly enough, although I started out at a university, I have done more higher education at smaller schools. The irony is that I have had some pre-conceived notion that "tech schools" and colleges weren't as good as universities. Yet, I will end up spending more time in the smaller schools than I did at Utah State University. I am hoping to just do a few classes through SLCC over the next year to finish pre-requisites for nursing and then I will be applying for a LPN, nursing program.
Dave too is headed back to school. He has tried a few things since he graduated with his BS in Finance, but his latest one is web design. He's pretty excited about it. He is taking just a single course through a tech school to see if he really likes it first, and then if he does he will do a course to be "certified" in that. Wish us luck! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment