Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm at a Loss...

I feel the urge to blog, yet I'm really not sure what to write about. So, I guess we'll just start and see how it turns out. Recently, got to go to Logan and spend some time with my mom and my aunts. We went to lunch at the senior center in Logan (not bad) and we went to a Celtic festival. Sadie got to go with me, which made it a total girls weekend. Dave was going to go camping with the boys, but due to in climate weather, that didn't happen.

I'm feeling good about working and my job. My opinion changes from time to time, but I'm doing good now. Random note, I got a compliment (or two) from my boss, i.e. the Dr. that I work with. He had just mentioned to a lady he knew that it is not being just a medical assistant. He told her about how the MA's in his office do a lot and keep things going. While we hear "thanks for all you do" and that we are appreciated, it just seemed to be more sincere. So, thanks for letting us know that the work we do is noticed.

Last night I spent the night at American Fork Hospital...in the sleep lab. I did an overnight oximetry test at home, which showed my O2 level drops while I sleep. So my doctor ordered a full overnight sleep study, in which I got hooked up to I think around 16 wires and spent the night at the hospital. Evidently, I was rather nervous about doing the study. Once I got to sleep however, it went fine I think. I feel like it was my "typical" night's rest. The results won't be back for a week or two. I think it seems kind of bizarre that I have done a sleep test. In the event that I start using a CPAP or some other aid to help me sleep better, hopefully it will work. From what I've heard, it really can make a difference. I generally think of a CPAP as something used by "older" people; so I guess we'll just see what the results showed and go from there.

Well, I think that should be good and that's about all I've got for now. I'll write again soon and hopefully have some idea what to write about.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, my Dad uses a CPAP machine when he sleeps and it really has made a huge difference. He has 10 times as much energy and feels well rested when he wakes up in the morning. He use to be exhausted no matter when he went to bed or how long he was 'asleep'. My nephew has used a CPAP his whole life, he's 5 now, so it's not just for old people! :) I've very curious to see what the test results are! :) We were thinking about you last night! I'm glad it went well.

    ReplyDelete