Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birthdays



Last week we celebrated my birthday. I'm now 25! We got to have kind of a week of Kimmy celebration. On Tuesday I was able to go to a niece's high school graduation. It was interesting because she was part of the 1st graduating class of a new high school. After the graduation we went to dinner at Brick Oven Pizza in Provo. It was so good! To my surpise, Dave was able to get off work early and he ended up being able to go to dinner with us. When I got home, I went out with a couple ladies from church and had some dessert.

I had a work celebration Thursday, where I got my desk decorated and we had cupcakes. One of my co-workers wasn't going to be gone on my actual birthday Friday. When I showed up Friday a couple of my co-workers brought flowers in for me. We also had a cake for all the May birthdays. Dave bought me a box of chocolates and then we went to dinner at Los Hermanos. It was excellent food and we got huge portions.

Yesterday was Mr. Porter's birthday; he hit the big 30! He, like I, spent the day working. A few of Dave's co-workers were out of the office Friday, so they had their birthday lunch for him on Thursday - Cafe Rio. I got to surprise Dave and have lunch with him. I also took in an ice cream cake, but they didn't get around to having any. So we brought it home and will enjoy it soon.

Due to a long day of work, Dave opted to have Subway for his birthday dinner. We did go and buy him a movie - "Race to Witch Mountain," which we watched last night, and we finished with a dip in the hot tub. Today we had our not surprise, surprise birthday party, which I will write about in the next couple days. Until then...

P.S. I had balloons on my desk and I did okay. For anyone who may not know, I have a huge phobia of balloons. My quarter of a century goal is to continue working on the balloon fear. :0)



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice birthday, can't wait to hear about the surprise party!

    ReplyDelete