Monday, June 28, 2010

Progress and Resistence

Progress: Things have been going better. We got to visit Wayne and Sandie and their family on Friday, then Sonja, Brent, and Brian on Saturday. We enjoyed our time with all of them and are glad we could visit and catch up a bit. We attended church with Sonja's family on Sunday, and then it was off to the airport.

We apparently cut it close; however, I thought we had enough time to get everything done. At any rate, we decided it would be best for us to drive ourselves to the airport. We got there with approx 90 min to spare. What we didn't foresee is that getting from parking and then checking in was going to be such a pain.

We flew on Frontier, which is definitely not my favorite airline, and "barely" made it. It wasn't too bad getting through security, although, Dave set off the alarm with his belt. Our bag was checked in late, but made it onto our flight with us. Hooray! We also learned that we weren't seated together. It was a mere 5 row difference, but it was 5 rows nonetheless. After 3 hours of flying time, we arrived in Orlando.

We got to our hotel around 11:00 and got a nice surprise. As we were checking in, I mentioned that we were on vacation for our anniversary, and we got our room upgraded for free 99...to a suite! (I'd like to find out, but I think it's about the size of our first apartment.)

Today we spent the day at the Magic Kingdom at Disney World and we had a great time. It was definitely hot, but surprisingly not as bad as I think I thought it would be. This is my first trip to Florida, and to Disney World. It has been interesting to see some of the differences from Disneyland. I'm looking forward to exploring the rest of the week. :0)

Resistence: Once again, I took pictures and have downloaded them. The issue tonight is that I can't get them to upload. So, I suppose there will be a somewhat lengthy picture post in the next week or so. The other challenge of the day is that I can NOT get the computer to let me type without everything being underlined. I guess it's all just that important today.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! Have a great time in FL!
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete