Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Thursday and Black Friday

This year we made a quick trip up to Cache Valley for Thanksgiving. We got there a little late, but really in pretty good time. Dave's grandma, parents, and 2 of his sisters families were all there. It was great to see them. We would usually visit both of our families; however, my family went to Nevada this year. I would have liked to go, but it was nice to be closer to home. I think we may get brave and try Thanksgiving ourselves in the next couple of years.

The much anticipated day after Thanksgiving, that of Black Friday. I remember going a couple of times with my mom, but I've never been a die-hard crazy shopper. I found some good deals this year, although frankly I wasn't sure if I'd get up or sleep in. It ended up that I got up and went out with the crazies. I went to Target, not sure how busy it would be. I realize that a lot of people venture out for the Black Friday sales, but I didn't know how many people would be at what stores.

The line outside wrapped around the whole shopping strip to the back of the building and I was at the back. However, I know tons of people were still piling in after I was inside. Amazingly enough, I really got just about everything I wanted. The one thing I didn't get was a little sandwich maker, but it wasn't a big deal. I ended up getting more than I had planned on. The deals were just too good to pass up and things that I had been thinking about getting anyway. Once again, I ended up saving more than I spent. Yes, I am very proud of myself. The line to check out was insane, but the time went by pretty quickly.

All in all, we had a good couple of days. We are definitely very blessed. I'm grateful for all that we have, the big things and the little ones. It is easy for me to take for granted the little things that are often viewed as every day commodities, but I do know that I am lucky to have it so good and really pretty easy. I am especially grateful for my sweet husband, the family we've started, and our families and friends!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys had a nice time together. We missed seeing everyone for Thanksgiving this year! We just got back last night and we're way messed up on our time schedule right now. I'm ready for bed right now!
    Anyway, glad you had a fun shopping time!
    Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete