Monday, November 23, 2009

Ongoing Home Improvements

It turns out that Dave is not the only handy type Porter in our house. Saturday morning I got to play the part of an electrician. Nothing major, but still a feat for me. Throughout our house the light switches are beige and the plate covers are white. So a year ago we bought white switches to change out. Dave replaced one...about a year ago...in a closet. The rest have stayed beige.

Dave slept in a little, which is a rarity in and of itself. So I looked around our house, couldn't decide where to start cleaning, and ended up concluding that I'd try changing out some of the light switches. I managed to do 5 in an hour, hour and a half. Being the perfectionist that I am, it took me a little longer to get a couple of them in straight. Nevertheless, I got it done and I think it looks pretty good.

I initially thought that if things didn't work out in healthcare that maybe I could go to being an electrician as a back up plan. I later thought better of that plan. I think I will stick to my job in the medical field and only occasional in-home electrical work. Next project for Dave will be to finish re-installing blinds to our back patio.

2 comments:

  1. You're Wonderwoman! Is there anything you can't do now? I don't think there is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never noticed that in your house! hehe You may have one forte (healthcare) but you are definitely well rounded! Love ya Kim!

    ReplyDelete