Saturday, November 7, 2009

Perspective

An 8 oz glass has 4 oz of water. Is the glass half full of half empty? If you stand on one side of a fence, is the grass actually greener on the other side? Hypothetically speaking, would it be better to be locked INside or OUTside of your own home? In the short time span of less than 12 hours, we managed to do BOTH.

Today we changed out our locks on our front door. It was a good planf, and needed to be done. We got the dead bolt replaced, no problem. The door knob however, required more effort. Dave had to drill down a little bit of the door to get the new parts in properly. He put the new part in, without the knob itself on, and it fit. But apparently without the knob you cannot actually open the door. After toying with it for a few, Dave got smart. He put the knob on, and using the key, got the door open again.

We got together with some of the neighbors for dinner tonight and had homemade pizza. We cooked one of the pizzas at our house. Well, I ended up locking the door knob and then left the keys inside the house. Pure brilliancy on my part. We ended up getting in through the window because our back door was locked as well. It's great to have new locks, and they look amazing! Now we just have to remember those little details...like keys. Of note, we also have a peep hole now. So when Dave's not home I can see who's at the door. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Well the glass is half-full of course! It depends on which of my neighbors grass I am looking at. To the east, the grass is ALWAYS greener, to the west however we have the greener grass of the two. I think I would rather be locked into my house then out of it! I am a home body! So you didn't say how you actually got into the house! I am excited to hear about that one. And I saw your pics of your house, ver cute! Why didn't you take pics of your "awesome" backyard?

    ReplyDelete