Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day '09

While I meant to post this yesterday, it just didn't happen. At any rate, we had thought about going camping over the weekend. However, since it was a last minute thought, in combination with Dave working Friday, that didn't happen either. (The new plan is to go camping over Pioneer Day weekend.)

We did have a good 4th of July though. In the morning it felt more like just another Saturday, but it was good. I was hoping to be able to sleep in, which I did...until 7:30. So much for that plan. On the bright side, that was when I got up, not when I was leaving/arriving at work. :) I did some cleaning early in the morning so that we could go play more during the day. We didn't have a plan so much, but we went up to Salt Lake hoping to look at a newer Jeep. When we got there we found out it had already been sold. (In case you don't know, we have decided that we love the new Jeep Liberty. It was newly designed in 2008.) We like LJ, (our current Jeep) but there are things that aren't our favorite. In particular the insane amount of bouncing that occurs on the passenger side of the car. We've been talking about maybe trading in LJ for a little while, but at this point it's not an absolute need.

After we stopped by a few car lots (just to look) we went to see our friend Paul. We met Paul in our last ward. He is an older guy who has started about 30 businesses. His last "project" was a full service salon. Thanks to Tresses I actually get my hair done once in a while and Dave will let someone other than his mom cut his hair. (I love my hubby, but he is VERY particular about his hair.) Dave also owns half of a nail salon with Paul. Unfortunately things didn't work out as well as either Paul or Dave had hoped. While it's not finalized yet, it looks like Dave will be able to get out of his share in the nail salon and get his investment back. That will be a huge blessing for us if things work out. After we had visited a while and "talked business," we went and had lunch at Iggy's.

In the afternoon we got home around 4:00. Both Dave and I crashed for a little bit. Then we went with some of our neighbors and watched the Pleasant Grove fireworks. That made it the 4th of July. It wasn't too bad of a show. Not the longest, but it was still pretty impressive. Today Dave and I wore our red, white, and blue. I had a blue and white dress with red shoes, and Dave wore his red, white, and blue Boston Red Sox tie!

1 comment:

  1. I had a Jeep Liberty and really liked it. We currently have a Jeep Grande Cherokee diesel and we love it! It is really comfortable, has tons of power, tows our boat fabulously, lots of room, etc. I would hightly recommend it. Glad you had a good 4th! I'm going to try to bring Brynn in sometime soon, so I'll have to make sure you're there :)

    ReplyDelete