Monday, July 13, 2009

Hair Cutting 101

When Dave and I first got married we invested in a set of clippers so I could cut his hair. Unfortunately, my first attempt did NOT go so well. It didn't help that Dave is so picky about his hair. (Dave has more hair products and spends more time on his hair than I ever do.) For a long time he wouldn't let anyone but his mom cut his hair. We have a friend from our last ward who owned a salon and Dave finally got comfortable letting the girls there do his hair. I actually saw him with a couple of slightly different do's. :) Between being in banking and Dave just being Dave, he always has to have a "professional" look. Rarely, rarely will he leave the house, even on the weekend, without getting all done up. In fairness he always does look pretty polished.

While Dave was on his mission he worked with a member (I think) who had a dog grooming business. We have had Sadie professionally groomed once since we got her. Seeing as it's summer, I think Sadie's been staying more than plenty warm. So last week Dave attempted to cut Sadie's hair. I think he did a pretty good job. He only got about half of her done before she decided she'd had enough. I would have posted pictures on the last couple blogs, but someone decided to chew through the camera cord. So, no downloading for a while.

Dave still loves to have his mom cut his hair and I think Sadie may be going back to the professional groomers. As for me, my haircuts are less frequent. However, I do enjoy getting a new look from time to time and I know Dave likes to see me with different cuts, highlights, etc.

2 comments:

  1. You need to make sure that Dave has a regular snack so he will stop chewing on random things...like camera cords!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not easy to groom your own dog. We have a Bichon Frise and it takes me a good three-four hours to completely groom her. Though I LOVE every minute of it, I can see how daunting the task is. Besides, having her groomed professionally allows more time to have fun! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete