Monday, June 8, 2009

New Addition

Welcome to the newest member of the Porter household. Our hot tub arrived last week. Yep, we caved and got ourselves a 6 person hot tub. We bought it used from a company that takes trade-ins and we love it! Actually, we were looking at another one, but it was sold while we were making a final decision. I think we got a better tub. It's a 2007 Infinity. It has 39 jets, a LED light, and a built-in stereo. We're still balancing the chemicals, but we did hop in once to "test" it out. Dave slept great afterward. We have put a lot of work into our backyard and I think we've got it just about finished. Next summer Dave is going to build a gazebo around the hot tub. I've seen his blueprint and I think it will turn out really well.
We're pretty proud of ourselves. In addition to the "backyard project" we've been doing various odd-jobs around the house. I for one have been feeling pretty handy and I've sure seen Dave go to town with his tools. It's been a lot of fun. Porters are also going green. We've purchased several solar lights that we're planning on implementing outside - some on the fence and some in Dave's gazebo. Still planning on getting some pics of the house posted. Hopefully in the next few posts.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! So when do I get to come over for the party? hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! My husband would be SO jealous! He wants one really bad, but I'm holding out on him. What is the company called that you bought it from? You guys are in for a lot of fun times out there, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete