Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Bad - A few days ago Dave had the chills, which were joined by a fever, then nausea and muscle aches. I took him into the InstaCare Monday night where they said he had a viral something or other, but it was NOT swine flu. He tested negative for influenza, but when I told my doctor at work he said it sounded like the flu. Poor guy was not in good shape. He stayed home yesterday and tried to go in today - made it 6, 6 1/2 hours.

The Good - I think his fever is starting to break, although he's still staying warm. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. Hopefully he'll be back up to full speed soon.

The Other Bad - On to the other sick Porter. Sadie has been sick too. She has been on something. I believe we've hit the puppy terrible two's. She is eating anything and everything she can get her paws on...and then some. This is a new development. Another thought is maybe she's teething. I don't know enough about puppy progression, but it's a thought. Any suggestions?

The Ugly - We have a carport spot that I usually park under. I never have really liked the carports. I try to be careful pulling in and out, but alas I finally whacked the stupid pole enough to just rip my side mirror right off. We tried heavy duty taping it, but it doesn't hold up well on the highway. Plus, I let me registration lapse - trying to transfer the title and get it registered in my name. Long story that ends in applying for a lost title and being a one car family for a while longer.

One More Good/Bad - We have a storage unit (my brother and I) and I've just about got it cleaned out to so we can stop paying for it. The bad side of this is that all of the stuff I pulled out of the storage unit today is now sitting in our house. I've been working on an ongoing project to clean our house - all of the "we'll go through it one of these days" boxes, and now there's more. I think there always will be. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have your hands full! Hope things settle down soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Dave is feeling better soon, that you get your car back, and that you can get your house back too after all the new boxes moved in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope everything starts looking up for you! For Sadie...LOT OF PUPPY TOYS! If you catch her chewing on anything other than her toys growl at her real LOW and MEAN. (shows you are the dominant one...if the growling doesn't do it...they say to growl and throw a chain on the floor next to her paws...it is a form of "nipping" at them) Good luck on the dog...oh and to deal with everything else...my trick is to sing "just keep swimming, just keep swimmin" (from Finding Nemo), but I add whatever task in the place of swimming. It seems to help! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete