Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gratitude & Blessings

Wow! I have been amazed at the tremendous amount of generosity and support we have had because of Olivia. She is now about 2 1/2 weeks old and she's still being spoiled. (Something I suspect will be ongoing.) Dave and I were able to take her to my work this week to meet the rest of "Mom's family." It's just too bad that no one likes her at all! Yeah right...Olivia got so much attention in my office that it took us 20 minutes to make it to the nurses station. In reality, everyone loved her! But then again, who wouldn't? :0) We have been cautious in taking her out, but have made a few trips out and about for errands, etc. On Monday we have Olivia's 2 week checkup and we'll see how she's doing. We'll also finally get to meet our pediatrician.

It has been interesting to me to have so many people take an interest in our lives and for the service we've received. We have had a few dinners brought to us, which we greatly appreciate, and it seems the amount of food is meant to feed an army. I realize now that the next time I take dinner to someone I should send a 2 week supply. ;0) Also, several patients that I have worked with over the last few years have made blankets for Olivia. They are all adorable and greatly appreciated.Both Olivia and I have been very spoiled. We have been able to have Daddy home with us the last couple of weeks. Not exactly by choice per say, but it has been a huge help to have Dave home and just to be able to see him. He is an amazing dad and he just adores Olivia, which is evidently mutual.

No comments:

Post a Comment