Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Foolin' Around

The baby brudder is back! My brother Charles just got home from Afghanistan a few days ago and made it back to Utah last night. Hooray! He has been gone about a year. This was his first Army tour. We are all really proud of him for going and serving. His flight didn't get in until 9:45-10:00 PM. Since Dave and I now live in Pleasant Grove, (instead of Taylorsville, which is only 15 min from the airport,) we decided to just stay up in the city. It worked out really well.

We ended up getting to do a mid-week date. Yep, an "actual" date, which we haven't done for a little while. We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant called Chef Tom's, (also in Taylorsville, not far from where we used to live,) and we had a really good pizza. It wasn't too badly priced either.

After dinner we splurged. Being the big spenders that we are, we went to the dollar movies. And, we actually only paid $1.00 per person. It was awesome. We went and saw "The Blind Side" and really liked it. It's a great story and I think they had excellent actors to portray the various roles. Dave spoiled me and let me get some popcorn. Definitely the most expensive part of our night. I only got a small, but it was $5.00. As much as I like popcorn, I think we'll just stick with making it at home.

When we got to the airport, we were informed that family members of the soldiers could go and meet them at the gate. However, I didn't have my license with me; so we just waited for everyone else to come. I thought it was cool though that they let some people go up to the gate to wait. As you know, that's just not the common practice anymore. Genius left her camera home, and amazingly so did my mom. I do have some earlier pictures that I'll post soon.

Below is just a quick news clip about the batallion's return.

ksl.com - Utah soldiers return from Afghanistan

P.S. On our way in today, a small herd of deer ran across the road. It was fun to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment