Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Holiday Weekend

The month of February is American Heart Health month. In light of this, I suppose someone decided that Valentine's Day should fall in this month. :0) Okay, I'm sure that's not the reason why we celebrate Valentine's in February, but it is actually heart health month. (A few of our doctors have been/will be on 2 news talking about heart issues.) Moving right along...

In sticking to Porter tradition, Dave and I ordered a pizza for Valentine's and watched a movie. Nothing too exciting, but we enjoy it. I've been trying to plan a "surprise" trip for Dave's birthday. However, it came to the point where I decided I needed his input. I was planning on going to Boston, but due to a random conversation I managed to fake Dave out so he thought we were going to Hawaii. It turns out that it was a good idea to get some feedback.

Apparently, and somewhat to my surprise, Dave would rather go to Hawaii than Boston. So, that's the new plan. If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations on where in Hawaii we should go, they would be much appreciated. I bring this up because I had made Dave brownies - like the ones he made me when he proposed - and that was my Valentine's Day "present" to him. He in turn bought me roses, which I love.

On Monday we did some errands and then got together for dinner with some of our neighbors and good friends. We had a Chinese dinner, which we prepared. It turned out pretty good. Of course it was nice to just have an extra day off together as well. I always love spending time with the hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment