Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Few Thoughts/Updates

If you want to throw your boss off, try texting them about something going on in the office while you are out of town. For example, (speaking totally hypothetically of course,) let's say the boss stops at Taco Time to get some lunch. If you text him and say to enjoy his taco while you're in...I don't know, let's go with California, you will probably have a shocked and confused boss.

It's also great to (hypothetically) get back into town, stop by the office to pick up a few things, and leave a note on your boss's computer saying not to be so paranoid. The kicker is if you sign the note so that he knows it was you, not a co-worker who wrote the note. :0)

My tribute to "Singin' in the rain". One of my co-workers was in a community theatre production of "Singin' in the rain," which we (the medical assistants in ny office) went to see. It was a really good show. We had fun seeing this co-worker out side of her natural habitat. She did an awesome job. If any of you have seen "Singin' in the rain" you will probably recall Ms. Lina Lamont. She's the annoying, nasally one. Just for fun I thought I'd see if I could do her voice and I must say that I do a pretty darn good Lina.

In other happenings, we now have added security measures in our home. Jack has always been a huge people kitty. (At least with his mom and dad, not such a fan of other people.) He generally follows us around and likes to be where we're at. His latest effort to keep the family safe is to walk in to the shower each night, check it out, and make sure all is well. Don't know where he picked it up, but it's just what he does.

Oh yes, the vacuum died recently. We have kind of been looking around for a replacement, but have you seen the cost of a "cheap" vacuum cleaner?! Luckily, one of my friends on facebook posted that she was trying to get rid of her old vacuum. I think it was a fluke, but definitely a blessing I saw the post. She just lives a few doors down from us, and when we got home we had a vacuum sitting on our porch. Yesterday I got to use it. Can I tell you how excited I was to clean our floors! As a general statement, I actually feel like I had a pretty productive day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment