Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012!

A day late, but Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing women I know, with and without children of their own. This year was my first Mother's Day with a baby, and it was a great day. I made a quick bacon and egg breakfast before church, then we went to our meetings. I got my annual Mother's Day Utah Truffle truffle, chocolate this time.
After church Dave made us some really good sandwiches. We bought "real" mozzarella at Costco this weekend. He made a sandwich with bacon, tomato, avacado, and mozzarella. It was fabulous. Dave offered to make dinner, but I ultimately did it, which was fine. I tried to do teriyaki chicken, but it ended up being more like lemon pepper chicken. We had peas (from Doc's...from last fall) and funeral potatoes also.

It sounds like I did a lot, but Dave offered to help throughout the day. He really helped me a lot on Saturday with some cleaning around the house. He also takes care of Olivia for an hour or two each day during the week before I get home from work. He says I do better than he does at parenting, but really he does an amazing job too.
My mom gave me a nice blouse for Mother's Day and Dave has been working on a Mother's Day/Birthday/Anniversary present, which I'll be able to write about a little later. Olivia found out that the best gifts come from the heart (or tummy), and so she shared a little of her lunch with me - spit up. It's the thought that counts, right? Needless to say, it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment