Tuesday, May 31, 2011

1 Year Older and Wiser Too...

Okay, I don't know if that's true, but I've had another birthday. It was on a Saturday this year. My birthday itself was pretty uneventful. I went with Dave to the business for a couple of hours to get things started, then we did a few errands, haircuts among other things, and finally we went home and just vegged. I got to take a 3 hour nap, which I always appreciate being able to do over the weekend. Here are our new do's.
Sunday we went to church and I got to catch up on some more sleep. Monday was the best! Once again, Dave and I got to sleep in. When we finally dragged ourselves out of bed, we went to the business, only to realize we left the business keys at our house. We decided to close for Memorial Day and I don't think we missed much.

We went down to Springville and got some lunch at Dairy Queen. It was pretty good. We also went to talk to the guys we bought our hot tub from because there's a leak and Dave had a couple questions for them. They know us fairly well, so Dave told one of the guys that we are expecting. I was pleasantly surprised when he said, "how have you been feeling? The 1st trimester can be tough..." My reply was that I've been feeling better, especially since I'm actually about 1/2 way through the 2nd trimester. :0)

When we finished down south we decided it would be fun to go to a movie. We stopped home briefly and decided to go see "Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides" - this was my birthday present from Dave. We enjoyed the movie, actually liked it better than the 2nd movie.
Lastly, we went to Bed, Bath & Beyond after the movie and used a gift card we got from Christmas last year, along with a coupon, to buy a pizelle maker. That's right, a pizelle maker - my birthday present to Dave. We made a batch of pizelles and they were pretty tasty.Final note, I broke down and bought my 1st pair of maternity pants a couple weeks ago, capris. Thanks to the weather, and a lack of "baby bump," I haven't worn them...until now. I think it may be time to go invest in some more maternity clothes. I'm finally getting a little too big for all my clothes. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Kim! I'm glad you two were able to do something fun together.

    ReplyDelete